Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I just might be an emotional mess! 

As I am sitting outside in my most favorite spot...I feel the breeze, that isn't quite cool enough to say that it is fall, but that is cool enough to say that fall is on its way.

I am not much of a fall/winter kind of gal. I really enjoy Spring. Fall is the coming of things dying. Winter is when things are cold and dead (Thats sounds sorta miserable-You know what I mean). Not that Fall/Winter doesn't have its beauty, cause if you think about it, there is beauty that comes with death as well...But we won't go there! Spring is just a season I just simply enjoy...However, I do enjoy wearing sweaters and jackets...Drinking hot chocolate and snuggling up in a warm blanket...OK FINE! I sorta like parts of all the seasons-including Fall/Winter.

I am sitting here enjoying the hummingbirds while they are still around-watching the little birds-seeing how content they are with the simple sip of sweetness that is given to them. Asking myself, would I be so content with such a simple sip or would I want to keep coming back for more...

While listening to the amazing sounds of the wind chimes that speak to me in volumes, I can not put into words what is being heard and felt. I am overwhelmed with every emotion you can think of, wishing that things in my life would begin to make a beautiful song-Or at least keep a beat that I can dance to. I need just a moment, a minute, of no outside voices yelling at me, so I can focus on what is best for me and my life-this life I have chosen and also have been given. I need a minute to understand how I honestly feel. 

Sadness- is the opposite of Happiness. A state of complete emptiness or destruction. Anquished misery or loneliness.

I am NOT miserable nor am I alone, even though at times I feel very much alone *Doesn't everyone from time to time?*. 

I am sad that my mother is so ill. I also can't help but get a little sad thinking about my Dad..how hard it must be for him to see his wife this way. I am just sad that time is being wasted in my life. Things that are not even worth time, have wasted my time. *Does that make sense?* I no longer want negatives in my life-I am sad, because 'Negatives' are part of life! Things, People...Surroundings-I Can't change stuff, but I can continue to strive and to learn how to handle stuff the best that I can. "God didn't design us to be sad, He created us to have Joy!"        -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Happiness-is a feeling of pleasure and positivity. When someone feels good, proud, relieved or satisfied about something, that person is said to be "Happy". Feeling happy may help people to relax and to smile. Happiness is usually thought of as the opposite of sadness. However, it is possible to feel both at the same time, or sometimes even about the same thing...(It is possible-The internet says so!) :O) Many philosophers have said that people in the world go back and forth between times of happiness and sadness, but there is nobody who is always happy or always sad. 

The problem here is, I am a happy person! I love to be 'just happy' ...But if I have a minute of being unhappy-It is considered hypocritical. I do not think that is right. And I hope anyone who reads this, will never say this about another person who is genuinely happy 95% of the time. I have so much in my life to feel happy about. The very simplest thing(s)-can make me happy and 'POOF', the unhappiness goes away-Even if for just a minute during the hard stuff! "In the Lord's time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and happiness will be yours.-Richard G. Scott

Empathy-Is a word that means that someone is able to share or understand the emotion and feelings of another person. Someone may need to have certain amount of empathy before they are able to feel compassion. The word was coined in 1909 by the English pyschologist Edward. B. Titchener.

I can't help but feel 'Empathy' for those around me-especially my husband and children..My parents and my siblings. We are ALL going through something. I understand guilt, shame, depression, heartache, disappointment, discouragement, the feeling of being a complete failure! As a wife, mother, daughter, daughter in law, sister, sister in law and Aunt. I understand many things, with some things that I may not seem to understand because I have not gone through them personally-However, I feel compassion for those who suffer, regardless of my experience. I care about others, and my heart is sore because I can not fix or even comfort some who are so deeply wounded by life. Especially my family members. "Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, he loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, GOD'S LOVE encompasses us COMPLETELY." -Dieter F. Uchtodrf

Frustration-In psychology, frustration is a common emotional way to act when things go wrong. It is a feeling of being angry and sad when something one wants or wishes for does not happen. In physics, frustration (or geometrical frustration) is a property of water molecules in ice when a freezing crystal is formed. The presence of random or conflicting atoms stop the ice from being completely frozen. It is called "Water Ice".

I had no idea about the "Water Ice". How cool is that. We probably learned that in High School...I was probably flirting with my future husband and wasn't paying attention. Anywho...I do feel frustrated with things right now. I do believe that I should be allowed this emotion. I won't go into detail, but just know I am worn out-But refuse to quit moving forward. I understand what is needed. I understand the ways to help this very strong emotion to go away. I am not allowing things to fester, I am learning that it is ok to allow myself to FEEL! Time heals all wounds-so in time, I will not feel frustrated...Or I might simply turn into someone who isn't frozen but has turned pretty cold (Water Ice)...Nah! It isn't in my nature to do so! "No one has failed who keeps trying and keeps praying."-Jeffery R. Holland

Regret-feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity.

I don't regret many things in my life. I feel as though the decisions I have made throughout my life, have helped mold me into who I am today. But, I can't help but think about a few small things that I do simply regret *Marrying my husband is NOT one of them, or having so many children-I could not imagine my life without them*. If someone says that they do not have any regrets, I do not believe them...I think we all have this emotion from time to time. "The Heavens will NOT be filled with those who never made mistakes."                                 "Many of the deepest regrets of tomorrow, can be prevented by following the savior today."-Dieter F. Uchtodrf.                                                I Will just leave it at that. 

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of HOPE, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and ENDURE TO THE END, behold, thus with the father: YE SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. 2 Nephi 31:20

So I ask myself, What kind of spirit do I have, right now, while trying to endure these trials that I have? At times...its a Hopeful spirit. Most of the time is it is with a faithful spirit. Sometimes it is with a CRUSTY spirit, and I want to throw a tantrum on the floor! Regardless, I know what needs to be done and I know who I need to lean on and turn to. 

The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves the crushed in spirit.                                                                                                        "The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and safety such as be of a contrite spirit."-Psalms 34:18 

Weeping may endure for a night, but JOY cometh in the morning.                                                                                                                  "For his anger endure the but for a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."Psalms 30:5

I can do hard things..."I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I will carry on. I will feel 'EMOTIONS' from time to time...I will fail. I might say a bad word...I might throw something! I might grit my teeth and swallow words that I will never be able to take back-Hince why I sometimes don't speak. I am not perfect...I am simply a Daughter of a King who loves me and who carries my along this crazy path of life. I know who my redeemer is and that he lives. I know that I only want to seek out the truth and what is right. I will always trust my feelings and will follow the spirit-I pray that I am always listening to that still small voice! Philippians 4:6-13. Look it up...It is spot on. The entire chapter is good, just read the entire thing.

I am thankful for all that I have. I am thankful for the Bible, and the Book of Mormon...The scriptures are true. I am thankful for the living prophets who do nothing but encourage us to be better people. Kinder people. More giving and loving people. I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I wish I could express the peace that I feel while in the temple, the house of the Lord. I love my family. I simply want to live, doing the best that I can...Picking myself up when I stumble and scrape up my knees. Always praying, holding onto Faith and Hope, having an Eternal prospective. 

Phew! I feel so much better after venting through my fingers.

May we all find that strength to simply live! Respecting others and showing unconditional love-Allowoing ourselves to feel from time to time!

Happy Wednesday night! :O)


**The emotions mentioned above, were defined by Wikipedia and wiktionary.



















No comments:

Post a Comment