Thursday, August 13, 2015

Seriously...

I was on FB this morning, just doing my normal scrolling while waiting for the laundry to get done so I can continue to switch it out and set aside to fold...At some point today...*Keeping my fingers crossed*

Anywho...One of my FB friends shared one of those Post's where you say...'YES! RIGHT ON!!'

Here is the link if you'd like to take a peek!

So I have been a mother for nearly 20 years, come the 23rd of this month. So yes, my oldest is 20 and my youngest is 5...Lets take a peek here to the ages, just so you can grasp what I am saying.

Soon to be 20, 18 turning 19 in Dec., 16, 13 turning 14 this month, 11 turning 12 in Oct., 10, 8, 6 turning 7 in Dec., and our baby who is 5.

So...I have had pregnancies and babies and toddlers, to pre teen, to teenagers, to young adults AT home for the last 20 years...

Don't get me wrong. I have LOVED it...Yet, after #9-I have been a bit more sluggish.

To this day, I'm still a busy bee buzzing around-but-One thing I have learned about being a mom is...You get TIRED!

You get to a point where you finally realize that some things just don't matter. 

The little boys go to school with a little bit of 'Bed head' some times...No amount of water is going to hold those crazy hairs down-trust me! *Nor Saliva! Yes! I do lick my fingers and try to slick the boy's hair down if we are in a hurry*

The girls don't have pretty little bows in their hair...They get a braid when the time is right, or they have learned how to do it themselves.

If I get to reading a book at night to the kids, than 'Yay'...But, there are plenty of nights when that is forgotten-or I have fallen asleep while reading Dr. Seuss-It happens...And I promise! My kids do good in school regardless (Reading is important...But your kids won't fail in school because you missed a night or two).

I would much rather wear sweats than pants! Give me yoga pants any day. I have nobody to impress. And just because I wear baggy sweat pants, does not mean that I don't have class...It just may not be fancy class but a more messy type of class...*Does that even make sense...*

Heres the thing...

I am the BEST MoM for my children! I do the best that I can...I am not perfect! I am NOT always happy! I yell way to much! I want to lock the doors and close the blinds and watch SpongeBob with the kids, INSTEAD OF-sending them to school!

I will continue-To clean my house. Try my best to keep up with the 9 (Two kids have flown the coop)-people's clothes and towels and sheets on a daily basis. 

I will continue-To take the kids and pick them up from school. Do my best to talk with the teachers often...Making eye contact with them when they complain about my children's behavior *I have a couple of wild one's!* letting them know that I will handle it.

I will continue-To allow my children to have popcorn as a meal from time to time *Just as the mother in the Post has*. I will buy Ramon and have a 'Ramon Night' once or maybe even twice a week... I DO NOT LIKE TO COOK! But do it because it is on the 'Motherly and Wifey' chore list.

I will continue-To be me. The BEST me that I am capable of being. I will rest when I am tired, and not fret about everything the other mothers are doing...Like Sewing, or Canning, or Singing, or the dreaded...COOKING.

I will do my best to be on time, but let me tell you...that is a TASK! *Again...I will do my best* 

I will remind the kids to brush their teeth, and pray that they get it done. 

BUT-the most important thing I will do...or not do...Is-

I WILL NOT COMPARE MYSELF TO OTHER MOTHERS!!!! PERIOD! 

I have never worried about what other MoM's are doing. I have never really had a problem with this...But I have spoken to way to many mothers who do. They beat themselves up. Not realizing that when they compare themselves to other mothers, they also compare their children to the other mothers children...That is a huge NO! NO! 

You are you. Your children are not like other children. You are married to the man you love and who does things differently. Trust me...You are good enough-and in most cases, so is your husband. 

Just STOP comparing. You will be happier and you will get to see the flowers beyond the weeds.

So in the End...

I agree with this Mom's post. I agree that we all have season's of Giving and Taking as mothers. 

I still don't like to take...But I am not as Giving as I used to be...I have learned to say 'NO!' and that is perfectly fine! 

I love to have a clean house-We all feel better when the house is clean-But with a big family, the house isn't always going to be clean. Take a deep breath, and try to not fret.

What I post on FB or in my Blog, is absolutely how I feel. I am an open book, and I tell it like it is. 
NO! I don't share all of my doom and gloom, but at the same time...I do! We all have to know that there is no such thing as a Mary Poppins Mother. I have not met one yet. I give props to those mothers who work in and outside the home...But there is not one mother on this earth that has all her life in order. 

We all struggle with one thing or another. Wish we could just learn to accept and help one another. Never feeling less about ourselves because the mother down the road seems to do it all...You just don't see it all...

With that being said...Lets make every day, a better day. What you didn't finish yesterday, maybe you can work on it a bit more today.

*I still have paint cans sitting on my counter from when I was trying to get the house painted...It has been nearly 2 months now! I'll get it done...But not today!*

Be a happy you, so that you can be a happy MoM! **AND WIFE**

I am not a believer in having to have 'MY' time. But, I am a believer that you do need some quiet time...to gather your thoughts so that you can be a better wife and mother. Do not become selfish. Thinking that if you had more time to yourself, that you will be a better person all together-It is surprising how spending time with your family can actually give you more purpose to your life than being alone.

Carry on Mom's! 

Oh! And one more thing...When someone tells you that you are an amazing MoM, say Thank you! And feel good about it...

**Count your many blessing's name them one by one...**

Happy Thursday :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment