Thursday, September 24, 2015

Home is where the heart is...

This is an old blog post that has been sitting in my drafts. I have been so very run down and dealing with so much silly stuff, that blogging has not been a top priority. I guess in a sense, I have been crying in a corner sucking my thumb. 
This last year, NO...The last few years have been just so crazy. I have been put to the test and have had to reread my own advice and to listen to what I preach. Nobody is exempt from dark days...And everyone has a time in their life when the dark days seem so hopeless and difficult. 

I have had to STOP and take a moment or two, to just breathe.  

It isn't anyone's fault, I don't have a terrible husband. We are not starving...The kids are awesome...it is life...My life isn't harder than anyone Else's, I have just struggled to focus on the things that I KNOW will help me get through. The simple things...

Life isn't meant to be easy...It is Meant to be Endured! 

We all have a tendency to feel comfortable, and then have a break down when things get tough. Just keep moving forward. Keep looking up and having faith. 

Life is good, when we just take the time to notice the positives...
*The Negatives-are always going to be there-Which would you rather focus on??*


 You know the saying...

'Wherever WE are TOGETHER-That is HOME!"

That is so very true! And we have learned it each and every time we have moved.

In Bagdad you didn't have much of a choice of what your house would look like. You didn't get to be picky. 

We were very fortunate to live in 3 different homes in Bagdad. And would you believe it, I look back and I enjoyed every home we lived in. The last house we lived in was my favorite. It had a beautiful view and it was just right. Most everyone in Bagdad complains about their living space. I had such a hard time with this. Rent was cheap, and the house's were good enough or as good as you would make them. *I think I just have a 'it is what you make it' type of attitude!*

When we moved from Bagdad we moved into a nice home. Wasn't fancy. It had an amazing kitchen. Seriously...It was awesome. At the time, it was the right house. As things got hairy, and we didn't want to keep the people that owned the house hanging, we decided to try to find something else that was cheaper. We gave them a good heads up, and they put the house we were living in up for sale. Within two weeks, the house sold.


Awesome! Except...we didn't have a place to move into just yet. Our lease was going to be up in July, so we knew we had up until then...But my goodness! Talk about stress. Thankfully, as mentioned in one of my other posts, a Realtor had come over and she mentioned a place that she had that might would work for us...

I went and took a peek, and fell in love with the place...And it was no special house. It just gave me a peaceful feeling. 

I sent pictures to Michael and he texted me back...'Yuck!'

He finally decided to go and see why I thought it would be amazing, and guess what...He Sent me a text and told me that it was perfect. I think he got the same feeling I did. 

We then started to talk with the owner, and feel so blessed in a zillion ways. 
We needed a place to live that was affordable for us, and the owner needed someone to come in and fix things up and take care of it. It was a 'win win' situation! 

Anyways...We started working on the new place ASAP. The house we were living in was being inspected, and the pressure was on...We needed to get moving.

So back to-It doesn't matter where you live, or what you live in...

The new place is a double wide mobile home. An older double wide. It needs a ton of TLC, and who better to give it all that it needs, than Us Pacheco's *So we feel anyways!*

This place is simple. It is easy to keep clean. The kids LOVE it, and it is only a 3 bedroom. It has 5acrs, and tons of sand around so they get to dig and bury each other. The kids can go running and don't have to worry about being hit by a car. We live in the sticks and we LOVE it here. 

The first house we were in, a very nice couple moved into it and are going to make that house into something I don't think we ever would have been able to. They were so HAPPY to get that house. It was meant to be. It was perfect timing for them, and I know that Michael and I prayed so hard that our landlords would be able to sell it right away...They were building their home, and couldn't afford a month to go by without rent...So it was a blessing for all of us involved.
*The move was anything but easy for any of us. The bad luck and the crazy stuff that happened...Goodness! Lots of lesson's to be learned during that time I think for everyone*

This house we are in now, has beautiful views from both porches, and the area is awesome. My mother in law lives just a block or so away...That is nice. 

Our goals with this home, is to make it amazing. In a year or so, we will see about buying it. Our lives changed so quickly every day for a good 6 month period...We don't know what is going to happen. I think we all want to stay put.

Simplicity is what suits this family best. I don't need a big kitchen to cook in *I don't like to cook anyways*. I don't need 5 bedrooms. I don't need BIG...I need comfortable. I would much rather spend my money on other things, than on a huge mortgage payment. We can't afford fancy...Live within your means...That is something we have been working at doing. 

Our family is together-we fit-This is home. I couldn't be happier.

**Don't mind the mess's in the background of the pictures**

The most simple kitchen you will ever find. Perfect! It also has a walk in food closet...Yay!
Painters tape on the wall-I am still not done with all the painting that needs to be done!
Living room...Just right.
Love our bed! And I love this room...The bathroom is awesome.
My piano has its own room-well it and the computer share...But it isn't in the way. I call it the quiet room.
Master bedroom
Dining room! 
This picture was taking over a month ago, the yard has since filled in with grass. Next year we should have a pretty good looking lawn and garden.
This is the back porch. The sun comes up on this side of the house...It is amazing.

We are going to do some DIY projects and make this place awesome. Michael has a shop, and we are perfectly content. 

Some may say, yuck. Some may say, not to bad...But we say...AMAZING! And a wonderful blessing to be in such a wonderful home. 

 There is beauty all around-When there's love at home!









No comments:

Post a Comment