Friday, May 5, 2017

Its not about the neon pink shirt! 

As I am dressed and ready to head out into the world today, I had asked my daughter Jessi if what I was wearing looked ok. She looked at me and while trying to be gentle with my feelings, she asked, "Are you going to go out into the public?".

Jessi then went on to let me know what she would do to change up the outfit...Needless to say, I changed my shirt *The one I had on was neon pink-It is still the 80's right* 

Give me sweats. Give me an extra large T-shirt with Pajama pants...Seriously! Its all about comfort. 

Welp, this post isn't about my wardrobe...

I have learned a lot of things this week.

  • I love getting up early in the morning-time to read. Pray. Think. Enjoy some quiet time, getting to know my inner self *I sorta like my inner self! ;O)*
  • People can't help but be human-we tend to forget that people struggle. That people suffer from deep broken hearts and loads of stress. People DO NOT mean to come off as rude, careless, or thoughtless-most of the time, they are just as I am-OVERWHELMED with life! *Cut people some slack, and don't take things so personal-Bitterness is not of anything good!*
  • I CAN NOT worry about situations that I can not change! There is not one thing that I can do to change things, that are simply meant to happen-Either for my own growth, or for someone else's. *This one is just apart of my life-every week!*
  • I want so much to better myself-DAILY! Every brand new day that I am blessed with, is the perfect day to start over and be better-Better than what I was, the day before.
  • People come into our lives for a reason-Some of my favorite people are the people that aren't quite inside my box *If you know what I mean!* There are some seriously awesome people in the world. 
  • I am my fathers daughter! I will stick to my guns and stand firm in my thoughts, opinion, and beliefs.
  • I am my mothers daughter as well...I like things my way, and I like it clean!
  • DO NOT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE! Yes! There is always room for growth and to learn and to become better...However, do not let other peoples actions, change your heart! Do not become HARDENED by those who disagree or refuse to see the good in things that you love and feel so deeply about.Those who will strive to bring out the negatives in the things that are nothing but positive-just cause it is different! This includes every thing, and every subject. *And No! I am not talking about anyone specific-I have had a lot of different conversations with several different people*
  • There is a lot of good things in this life-world...Its ok to be more open minded. And I can do this, without changing who I am or what I believe. We have been taught-Learn from others! There is always something new to learn!
  • Embracing change can strengthen ones determination. *I am determined*
  • I need to drink more water! 
  • I do not like FACIAL HAIR!
  • Patience really does take practice.
  • Kids grow up WAY to fast!
  • Getting older stinks. Worse part about it all is, watching those I love grow old.
  • Turf Toe-It is real, and the pain is real...I have become a WiMP! But darn! It hurts.
  • Most of everything that I have done and experienced for the first time ever, was with the Adorable One. Sex. Alcohol. Smoking. Tattoo's. Gambling. (May seem like all bad things...But when you think about it...I have grown and learned with this man of mine. made tons of mistakes-and have learned so much frome each mistakes. We have learned a lot of things together!) Attending the temple for the first time. Having a baby. Buying a home. Raising a large family. Losing a job. Starting over. There are a lot of first's-And we are not done!
  • I love plants! And I have grown to love the desert plants...Cactus's-have the most beautiful flowers. *Makes me think about people who are all thorny and sticky and really rough around the edges-They truly have hidden beauty that blooms when cared for!*
  • I love being LDS-Mormon. I believe in Christ!
  • I LOVE BEING A MOTHER! Hardest job ever!
  • I think to much...Way to much! 
  • ALWAYS speak the truth! ALWAYS...Lies hurt! And can be very damaging.
  • Take care of you! Its important. 
  • Look for the little things in life-It really is the simple things that can bring us the most joy. *My little dancing solar lady bug sitting on our kitchen window seal*
  • I DO NOT LIKE BEING LATE!! *We are always late!*
  • I like Tattoos-Well those of good taste. *Does that make me less of a Christian woman?*
  • People care! And people are genuinely wonderful people. There are a whole lot of generous people out there that love to help others who don't expect anything in return. WE have experienced this first hand! We are thankful and are humbled by the kindness that we have received from others...
  • I LOVE to talk! :O)*

So when I sit and reflect on my week, there are so many things that I have learned. Things I want to work on. Things I want to change. Things I want to continue to learn about. Things I feel so strongly about, that I don't think I even realized that I actually felt so strongly about until it was brought up and was talked about.  The conversations that I have with others-getting to know them-Is so special. My faith is important-Prayer is a must. Taking one day at a time-Moving forward. Trusting in our Heavenly Father and knowing that he has a hand in everything. Knowing that Christ's way is the only way! Be open to learning new things and be gentle to all you come in contact with! Smile and share a hello. 

So take a minute, and think about ALL of the things that you learned throughout the week. The conversations that you had and how you felt during and after those conversations. What you did or didn't do or you simply just put off until tomorrow *Careful there. You may end up not doing those things at all! Just get up and get it done!* Reflect on the things you feel you did good, and also, the things you need to change or just need to put a little bit more effort into, so that you can be better each day!

Have a wonderful weekend....

Carry on! Smiling... :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment