Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Images

I was not in the most pleasant mood on a Tuesday between now and one month ago. The last ten years, the most overwhelming emotional two years, have all caught up to me. I'll save the details for a different day. But this Tuesday afternoon, I came across an image, a canvas print, in the little Deseret Book magazine we get once a month that would clear some of the fog of my tormenting trials.

The immediate comfort of this image flooded my soul and gave me a sudden feeling of rest.

The image is "The Love Of GOD" by Sabrina Squires.



As I looked at the image, the colors, the people dressed in white, the sharing and giving, and spreading of what would be God's Love were transparent and represented in a way that softened my heart.

In a contentious world, the love of God can be easily forgotten.

I understand that people are not easy to love all the time. The hate between different cultures and borders is intense. Everyone can feel our society's distinct differences and distaste for how others might choose to live their lives. I sometimes feel the pull to be bitter when I read or see others picking on my beliefs and choices. I would say we have all felt the sting of hate.

The Love of GOD is one thing that will never change. A complete peace on this earth will probably not be something I get to witness while living on it. But I know that one day, there will be peace, and we will all experience a likeness and forgiveness that will be so overwhelming that we won't be able to contain our emotions. Brace yourself.

This image will hang on my wall someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment