Saturday, November 3, 2012

Month of thanks #3

Today I am extremely thankful for our Home!
It isn't the most beautiful House...It isn't HUGE! It is a very simple Home.
We live in a town that is owned and ran by the Mining Company. The housing here is very cheap. The houses are older, but are maintained, to their best ability.
Our Home is 4 bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, a big enough kitchen, a living room, tv room, and a laundry room. We have a pretty awesome yard, big enough that the kids can run around and play.
A lot of people complain about their House's. I, on the other hand, have always tried to find the positives about every Home that we have lived in. It isn't the House that makes the Home...It is the people who live inside the Home. We are so very blessed to live where we live. I LOVE our House....We have made it our Home.
The photograph that has become known as "Migrant Mother" is one of a series of photographs that Dorothea Lange made in February or March of 1936 in Nipomo, California. Lange was concluding a month's trip photographing migratory farm labor around the state for what was then the Resettlement Administration. In 1960, Lange gave this account of the experience:  I saw and approached the hungry and desperate mother, as if drawn by a magnet. I do not remember how I explained my presence or my camera to her, but I do remember she asked me no questions. I made five exposures, working closer and closer from the same direction. I did not ask her name or her history. She told me her age, that she was thirty-two. She said that they had been living on frozen vegetables from the surrounding fields, and birds that the children killed. She had just sold the tires from her car to buy food. There she sat in that lean- to tent with her children huddled around her, and seemed to know that my pictures might help her, and so she helped me. There was a sort of equality about it. (From: Popular Photography, Feb. 1960).
Couldn't imagine...


We should never take for granted the house that we live in....It is something that can be destroyed in a blink of an eye. Look how many have lost their Home's with the latest storm 'Sandy'.
Be thankful for the walls, and roof. Even if it is to small...What ever the complaint...we should never ever complain that we have a place to come to. It is what you make it!
I am thankful for our HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment