Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A little bit of venting!!

Growl!!
I happened to voice my opinion about something, and it of course was taken out of context...
I don't get how others just can't understand...IT IS OK TO DISAGREE on things.


It gets very aggravating to feel as though I am wrong for how I feel about a person or about things in general. I have a mind of my own, and I do feel very strongly about certain things. *I follow my gut feeling always-and my gut has not let me down as of yet!*

I know that some times I struggle with how others believe, but I have gotten so much better about just letting it go, and allowing others to just 'Carry ON'!



If you were to ask me:
Do you agree with everything that is being taught in school? I would say NO! Most things that are taught at school are not used afterwards, unless you go into a field that requires Math or English. I think behavior stuff should be taught. How to sit in a chair. How to talk to an adult with respect. How to serve the student sitting next to you. Treating each other kindly!! These things, will be necessary after school and every single day of their growing life. You want these kids to be successful after they graduate, teach them how to BEHAVE! All that matters any more is Test scores...Teaching this stuff at home is vital-But you can never be taught this stuff to much. Give an hour where they are taught manners-Because some are not taught at home...And some just need that extra attention, parents need back up sometimes. Kids need to know, ALL adults require respect.
Also...Homework is for the birds. Kids have to sit in class all day...and then come home and do more work...Yikes! If they don't finish it at school, I support it...But please don't give out extra work. The kids are tired-and need a break. You want more production...Don't wear them out.
*I also think there should be a 4 day school schedule-I think it would help in a bunch of ways-Gives the teacher an extra day to breath and prepare!*

If you were to ask me:
Do you feel that going to church and knowing the scriptures chapter for chapter makes you a Christian?
I would say NO! Sure you can be doing the motions, but sit back and take a good hard look. Being a Christian is more than just saying that you are. In fact, actions speak louder than words. Be the best that you can be-and do the best that you can...Worry about yourselves, and not so much about your neighbors *Meaning-stop looking at what others are doing wrong...Focus on keeping yourself on the right track*

If you were to ask me:
Do you feel that the youth around you are setting good examples by how they dress and talk?
I would Say NO!! The young men do not have respect for the young women, but our young women do not require that they do so. Our daughters need to be modest. Our young men need to be modest...*My children are looked at every day...If I do not like what I see, they have to change...They are not at an age where they can wear what they want* Cover up young ladies-You are a daughter of God *Be PROUD of that!* Don't say cuss words-Challenge yourself to be better.

If you were to ask me:
Do you feel Facebook is appropriate for the youth?
I would Say NO!! I don't even think that parents even pay attention to what their kids are posting. I do know that most kids have gone to Twitter now, because there are less adults on there. The things that are being posted are nuts-If you ever see that one of my children have posted ANYTHING that you know I would not approve of...Please! By all means let me know. *Dad monitors everything pretty good though*
I do have to say...Some posts that the adults post-Are just as disrespectful. Not sure we can ask the kids to behave if the adults are not.

I could go on and on! I don't want it to seem that I am being negative...and maybe you disagree with what I am saying, that is ok.
Just don't take it out on my children if you have an issue with what I say or how I believe. And don't take anything I say personal. If you have a problem, please speak with me about me.

Accepting others for who they are and for how they believe...My goal is to continue to follow my Gut and to be kind even when I disagree. I will always tell you how I feel, honestly.


Ok! Back to being in a good mood!

I made some 'Healthy' cookies this morning...Not one of us could keep em down...Gonna have to keep trying to find things that are better for us, that we can actually eat without gagging :OP

There are awesome clouds in the sky-I think I will work on some more blogs!! But first gotta get that Turkey cookin...I am kinda excited to be cooking a Turkey today... :O)

Happy Wednesday! :O)







2 comments: