Saturday, August 31, 2013

Football and Road Trips

Woke up this morning just about like any other morning-wanting to just lay around a be lazy.
Since I am a mother, being lazy is nearly impossible...So I got up and got myself ready for the day.

The kids were getting up, telling me in their very sweat voice's 'Good Morning MoM!'. 
The hugs that you get first thing in the morning are so mood lifting. They can sure give you the confidence to face the rest of the day, giving you a reason to smile.

Moving on...

FOOTBALL and all the thinking and pondering that I do while on the road.

Today is the first of Many Many Saturday Games-this means early morning Saturdays with lots of traveling.

Today is the First High School Football game of the season, for Justin. The boys will have the privilege to play Joseph City in the NAU Dome. How exciting! *I even think the parents are more excited to watch their boys play in the Dome, than the boys are to Play in the Dome!* This will be a tough game, but if our boys will have a good attitude and work together we can beat Jo City. Regardless of the outcome, I will proud of the team-So long as they give it their all.

So, as I type this, we are on the road. The drive from our home to the Dome is around 3 hours, but it *to me* is a gorgeous drive.

It is Raining, and the clouds that touch the mountain tops are breath taking. Most people just look what is just to the side of the road, or what is close ahead of them...When they should be looking off just a bit further. There is so much beauty around us, and I will say that I really enjoy the ride.

The Adorable One is sitting next to me, and he is leaning back in his seat relaxing. He doesn't get to do this to often, he is usually behind the wheel as my head bobs up and down from falling asleep-I just can't stay awake any more.
*By the way-We are making this trip with my brother in law and father in law...Along with 2 of the cutest cousins ever...Jessi and Tori (Who needs best friends when you have cousins!) So this means, Michael and I get to just sit back and enjoy being back seat drivers!*

As I look out the window and think about how much I Love doing this kind of stuff. I love being out and about watching the kids do the things they love to do*Football and Softball are my favorite*.
I have thought about each of the kids, and have seen their faces so clear in my mind. Gosh Darn It!! I love my children so much *Just in case I haven't made that known*. 

I function on a daily basis because of my family. 

If I wasn't busy with life, I would probably just crawl in a hole and fall apart. 

Today I am going to just forget about the tough stuff...I am gonna watch my Son and Nephew play some ball and just be a proud Momma! I am gonna enjoy the weather, and just keep my mind calm.

YaY! To a long weekend...Enjoy it, doing whatever it is you will be doing!

Smiling :O)

Go SULTANS!!! #34-Thats my Boy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment