Saturday, November 2, 2013

Crazy what can change within a year...

Here we are...In November.

The year has flown by us. 

I remember this time last November, I was a bit in a slump-Feeling sorry for myself because our oldest was a senior, and I was going to be so sad when she left for college.

Things are a bit different a year later, but I am sorta stressed, just a little bit, once again.

Cassandra never did leave for college after graduation...

When Cassandra graduated, she had a full tuition paid scholarship to attend NAU. 
But Sass, also wanted to play some Softball, and NAU does not have Softball. So Cassandra looked into EA and SVU. 

EA couldn't offer Sass anything, but the coach wanted her to get over there, practice and scrimmage with the team. 
She was excepted into EA, we paid for her housing...It seemed like things were moving right along...
BUT-Cassandra could not qualify for anything...We were not going to be able to afford EA.

Then we had SVU-They wanted Sass to come play softball, but could not offer her a sports scholarship due to the fact that they don't have that type of scholarship. 
Sass was able to get a few scholarships for her academics, But not enough for what she was going to need to get her through the semester. 
SVU was going to be tough. 
Not only was it thousands of miles away, Sass was 17 at the time, and we just couldn't afford to get her there...And really I don't think she wanted to go-And we were not going to send her so far away if she wasn't 100% sure she was ready.

So, Cassandra decided she would go to NAU, and she just wouldn't play ball *I did not have a good feeling about NAU*.

Unfortunately, Sass had missed the housing deadline, by an hour, and so she would not be able to attend NAU-There was no way we could afford to have Sass living in a apartment off of campus. 
We could not believe the luck Cassandra was having...ONE HOUR!! And they would not bend *We also had paid her non refundable registration fee of $250, That was depressing*.

Talk about heart breaking...

We had told Cassandra that really, there was no rush to shove her out the door. She is young, and she can just wait a year or so and give it a go again, if she wanted.

After working a little bit here and there, and after a few changes in Sass's life, OUT OF THE BLUE, Cassandra has decided to go to SVU-The Softball team really wants her to go and give it all a try, And Sass is ready to do it-100% ready!

Fortuantely, Sass will have enough help from SVU to get through school...But that is it. 

Cassadnra does not qualify for anything, because we make to much money!!

WHAT!!

Cassandra is the oldest of 9 children. There are 11 people living in our home. 
And you mean to tell us, there is nothing out there to help her get on her way??

How many young people are in this same situation?

If Sass was married, or single with a baby, she would not have any problems with grants or loans. 

Frustrating...

Students, get straight A's. They are apart of Student Council and different organizations during High School. They are apart of the High Honor's society.

BUT they can't afford to go to college.

We want our graduates to go and get a higher education, yet, we make it so difficult for them to get there.
This drives me nuts! 

It doesn't seem right to me...

Moving on...

We are pretty determined to help Sass out.
We will fund raise, to earn as much money as we can to pay for the transportation costs to get there, with hopefully a little extra to help with the little odds and ends while being so far away.

We don't have much time. January will be here before we know it...
*We appreciate everyone that has been willing to help out*

As I mentioned above, I am a bit stressed again.

BUT-

Man O Man! Am I so very excited!!

As I sit, and think back on how everything seemed to be impossible for our daughter after graduation-At the time, I believe it all was a blessingin disguise. 
*Things are falling into place pretty easily this go around...Hhmmm!*
 
I would like to say that she stayed home for a reason...
She needed to stay home long enough to make sure she wanted to go, and so that I would be able to embrace the fact that our Sass was going to move on and do things on her own...LIVING!

I would be READY for her go!

I am going to miss my Sass like you just can't imagine...But at the same time-I can't wait for her to go.

I am thrilled that she will meet new people. 
Date boys...Go to dances and get to make her own decisions. 
She will be going to a school that has the BYU standards, and she is expected to uphold them.

I am thrilled to DEATH that Sass will be putting on her cleats again, and throwing.

I am excited to rearrange our home, and for us to all work together to get adjusted to being without the leader of the pack. 

This is going to be a challenge. Getting Sass to school will not be easy...

This is going to be an adjustment, as I have become so dependent on Sass. She is my buddy.
This family is going to be sad to have a piece missing from our family puzzle, but I think everyone is looking forward to the change...

I am already thinking about the summers, and Holidays...

*If Sass decides after being there for a few months, that she doesn't want to go back...Our doors will ALWAYS be open.

Next year, our Justin will be turning 18, and will be getting ready to do his thing...2 years after that, our Nicci will making these types of decisions...And so on and so forth! It won't be long before we start sending our little guys on their way.

Everyone says it gets easier and easier...I am not to sure about that.

I want my children close by...

The next couple of months, with the Holidays and all the college rush...I am going to just hold on and and enjoy the ride.

**Proud of you Sass





No comments:

Post a Comment